- You complete an assessment of what you already know even if it’s
just a few phrases, so that we have a clear picture of your experience to
date of the language (and if you want to start again from the beginning that’s
- You focus
on what you need: for example, spoken business French for negotiating in
meetings; German for social chatting with clients over the phone; writing
skills for emails and reports, and so on.
- Set your own targets for example, an external exam, or mastering basic
survival skills, and when you’ve achieved those we’ll celebrate your
success and set more targets! This way your progress can be easily
charted, adding extra value whether you are the learner or the employer.
- The right materials will help you reach those targets.
There may be a heavy emphasis on listening materials (especially if your
overall aim is to speak fluently). We have a large bank of resources and
constantly review what is available on the market, including useful web
sites. We will also spend time with you, free of charge, explaining the use
of the materials before your first class.
- You will be helped by one of our team of experienced, professional
tutors, chosen for their ability to put you at your ease
as well as their subject knowledge. You will have the right tutor for your
needs, who will come to you, on site, at a time that suits you.
- You will receive regular feedback so that you are aware of your
progress and/or clear about areas to focus on. You can also request regular
reports if that is helpful.
- We’ll encourage you and help you surpass your own
expectations of yourself so you’ll feel confident and comfortable in your